Manjusha and Hansaram

Manjusha Bhajibhakre
I come from the place of Vithu mauli, Pandharpur. The Aradhya Daivat of Maharashtra. I lost my eyes in 7th standard. She was told by doctors that she got it hereditarily. But Manjusha said, “Challenge accepted” Finished my matriculation in Brail script and 12th from St. Meera’s Pune. She got to know about Swadhar from there and she was there. Swadhar attracts strong minded individuals. She received training in handloom weaving for four years. Manjusha’s sister also was blind, she too joined Swadhar and both started staying together. Manjusha is an independent and inspiring woman.

Hansaram Rabbari
I came four years before Manjusha and I come from Rajasthan. Small pox at the age of five took my eyes away and the future looked dark ahead. I completed my schooling in Surat and Ahmedabad. I learnt chair weaving there. I am seeker, I always seek better things in my life. I went to Jalgoan first and then to Latur GSP. I was sure to settle down here soon. I started my living with the help of handloom weaving. 

Manjusha and Hansaram
We had lot of struggles on our way. Our families strongly opposed as we come from different states and different casts. There was no way to convince them. But papa knew that we agreed to this and he stood by us. Organisation was our family and they did all the necessary rituals. Trustees of the organisation were present. 27th June 2010 was when we got married. Almost all the staff of the organisation was present. Manjusha said, there marriage was accepted by her family after sometime and they welcomed my husband soon enough. Manjusha was not accepted by Hansram’s family.  But she has never taken it personally and made sure that her husband stays in touch with his roots. We both underwent Acupressure and Massage training after marriage. Our dream becoming parents shattered. We both had complications. This fact was hard to digest. We had so many hopes from our lives and thought that a baby in the house will bring packets of happiness. But one more time, Papa and GSP family stood by us. They made us strong and move on. We today have learnt to be happy with whatever we have and wish to share the joy in our own space. We want a house for ourselves. We want our dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jayashree and Asaram

Nagmani and Yuvraj